Many people have amalgam fillings. More correctly, they should be called mercury fillings. Here are some things to consider when you are planing to have dental fillings.
- Did you know that Dental Amalgam fillings are approximately 50% elemental Mercury?
- Did you know that every time you chew or warm up a mercury filling small amounts of mercury vapor are released from the filling? AND... that this never stops?
- Did you know that the amount of filling that does not go in your mouth (or amalgam scrap) is considered a toxic waste by the Environmental Protection Agency?
- Do you really want these materials in your mouth? -Any dentist can remove mercury fillings, that is "Cosmetic Dentistry" BUT ASK YOURSELF:
- Does my dentist place mercury fillings at all?
-Does my dentist protect me when they are removed?
- Does my dentist work with other health professionals to coordinate the removal of the heavy metals from the body?
-Does my dentist offer to test me for compatibility of new materials?
If your dentist doesn’t do these things perhaps you should see someone who does!